Welcome to our website !

Music for your eyes

By 22:59

I have been writing this post for quite a while now never got around to posting it till I got inspiration from a song.I could list a whole bunch of reasons why I love this song called Love by @maestroguy but one thing stood out for me in the video THE GUITAR ON THE WALL.


You can watch it here  Love - Noel Nderitu

If I could have a collection of things in my house (which I will ) it would be guitars.I think guitars are simply the most beautiful instruments created. Reminds me of women so detailed and elegant :-) I'm biased of course.I think God thought through creating the woman. Altered a few things here and there, the difference is quite evident.
In my random design world fantasies I came across some interesting ways to bring the guitar home and a reason to add China to my travel destinations. 

One of the most beautiful buildings ever constructed is The Piano House located in Huainan City, An Hui Province, China. It contains a transparent violin and a piano building. Inside the violin, there is staircase toward the piano house upstairs.This building built for music lovers acts as a performance and practicing place to music students from the local college in Huainan City, east China. Need I say more ?






So how about some storage ideas for your guitar that could just as well be part of your music room decor ?



Melanie Rebane Photography
Melanie Rebane Photography
I especially like the way the guitars stand out against the white wall unit background and the recessed lights do them justice.

copperskyrenovations.com
Move over we need some wardrobe space too :-)


sheastudio.com
The guitar shaped niche and the spotlight is a brilliant idea add that to the rich wood finishes on the wall unit and the Piano plus the artifacts on the shelves and you have a masterpiece.




Troy spurlin Interiors
This is a bedroom I would love to wake up in. Don't you just want to sit by the window and write some songs ?


Tamara Anka
I like how simple and playful this room is. It is not exactly musical but the guitar pillow compliments the blue theme. I posted this mainly because of the tongue sticking out art work , really cool :-P. I am yet to see rugs with the Kenyan flag despite the fact that the colours make a quite a good color scheme.



When trying to achieve a guitar/ music themed room getting the real instrument can be a challenge and cost quite some good amount of cash.Try these simple accessories.


Glass storage in guitar shape

Guitar-shaped coffee table
Guitar wall shelf





Jill Mcgraw

This is definitely my kind of space; edgy and fun.I love the guitar paintings, the not too fancy couch, the sleek black guitar coffee table, the pillows ... Turn up that music !!!



Anita Roll

This oversized electric guitar mural adds fun and sets the theme for the room with the blue green and brown colour scheme.


interiordesigninclearwater.com
This guitar cornice creates a focal point for the room... ideas for your curtain box , Yes ?


Christy Dillard
Christy Dillard
This traditional house with eclectic furnishings is one bold space, from the red walls to red curtains and the red light fixtures. The black and white photography over the guitars is just the topping to create the perfect living room/ music room for a musical family. Hanging the guitars on the wall frees up floor space.


Cynthia Prizant
I insist that the idea for this edgy teen  bedroom came from the guitar ... just look at the circular elements on the rug.




One day when I have lots of money with nothing better to do with it I will design a Home theater, call It IMAX and hang guitars as a fan on my ceiling. It is an amazing home theater though. Here is the whole project
http://www.houzz.com/projects/13289/Rock-House-Theater

Did you know that Leo Fender , the inventor of Fender Guitars never knew how to play guitar.

You Might Also Like

3 comments